A very ambitious individual who is always ready to learn something new. Takes pride in customer service skills and loves to cultivate a climate of motivation and fun in the work place.
EmploymentMay 2012 – Present
University of Alberta – IST (Information Systems Technology)Senior Deskside Analyst
- Supported over 2000 clients. Mostly Windows clients, a good portion of domain integrated Apple devices.
- Maintained and added to a growing ITIL compliant knowledge base in our ticketing system.
- Provided end-user support and training on all required systems and software.
- Maintained and educated all end-users and coworkers on appropriate and current technical security measures.
- Provided Tier 1 support for A/V equipment and Smart Classrooms.
- Administered the secondary offsite backup server for the Faculty of Arts. (CommVault)
- Administered all network and server infrastructure for St. Stephens College.
University of Alberta – IST (Information Systems Technology)Project Management
- Seconded to the Project Management Office to assist with Consolidation of all IT units on campus.
- Created, updated weekly, and maintained a dashboard website displaying all of the current project statistics for the executive and involved teams and individuals.
- Performed Service Discovery for new IT units to gain a better picture of their current support model.
- Documentation and report writing.
- Created and outlined processes that were followed for consecutive service migrations across campus.
University of Alberta – AICT (Academic Information & Communication Technologies)Service Desk Technician, Knowledge Base Manager
- Created, maintained, and streamlined all of the Service Desk’s onboarding documentation and trained new staff.
- Documentation of various technical procedures and training materials.
- Handled the sale and distribution of software licenses.
- Supported an entirely Gmail based email system including a full suite of Google apps linked to @ualberta.ca accounts.
Acrodex – Government of AlbertaWorksite Support, Operations – Service Delivery
- Supported over 600 clients.
- Supported various remote locations including Camrose, Wetaskiwin, Leduc, and Fort Saskatchewan.
- Provided functional and technical support, troubleshooting, and diagnosing hardware and software problems including desktop, laptop, LAN, WAN, and peripherals.
- Assisted in the installation and updating of all software.
- VIP support for the Ministries of Transportation, Environment and Sustainable Resource Development.
- Direct support technician for CAD/GIS users in the Ministry of Transportation bridge builders/masters.
Acrodex – EPCOR Intel Server Team
- Monitored and organized Office Converter scripts for EPCOR for main shared drive relocation.
- Performed virtualized Citrix server farm maintenance and troubleshooting.
Acrodex – EPCOR Service DeskQueue 1 Team Lead - L2/Trainer
- Lead a team of six to seven people.
- Management of full time staff.
- Created, outlined, and updated various documented procedures.
- Maintained daily reports of stats for Queue 1 Analysts.
- Created tickets and assigned to all Analysts evenly.
- Handled escalated client complaints and questions.
- Experienced in Citrix, BMC Remedy, Entrust Identity Guard, and Oracle.
- Maintained Exchange server mail stores including backup and restore procedures.
Attention to Detail
Skills & Certifications
- ITIL (ITIL V.3)
- CompTIA A+ (A+)
- F.O.I.P. (Service Alberta)
- Break/Fix Troubleshooting
- Customer Service
- Knowledge Base Management
- Quality Assurance
- Technical Writing/Documentation
- Active Directory
- Process/Procedure Development
- User Education
- HTML, PHP, CSS, Ruby on Rails, WordPress
- Imaging and Deployment
- Google Applications
- Antivirus Support
- Mobile Device Support
- Team & Customer Morale
Web Development | Reading | Self-Improvement | New Technology | Camping/Hiking | Mountain Biking | Lifting